1. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING AND USING PERSONAL DATA
Collection of Personal Data
We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of the Site or in person and/or through your use of our services and/or products. We may also receive your personal information from third parties whom you have used to purchase our services and/or products.
The information we may collect from you includes:
• Date of birth
• Mailing and billing address
• Email address
• Contact numbers
• Credit card information
• Passport details
• Flight information
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We may collect, use and/or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• To provide our services and products to you, including events planning and facilitating a reservation in our hotels
• Setting up your user account on the Site to process bookings, reservations and billing
• Concierge and other guest facilitation services
• To help us improve our services and products to you and other users and guests, including developing and marketing new products and services
• To send you marketing communications on products and services which we think may be of interest to you
• For internal administrative and management purposes
• To contact you regarding any complaints, feedback, queries, requests, claims or disputes
• To facilitate investigations into any suspicious or illegal activity
• Where required by any act, statute, law, or regulation, rules, directives, or by the order of a government authority or a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction
• To protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations
• Such other purposes consented to by you for which your personal information is collected
• Any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid
How we Use and Disclose your Personal Data
Your personal information may be shared with the following third parties:
• To verify card payments and process refunds – we may share your information with credit card companies and other payment service providers
• To an agent or third party you are using to make a reservation on your behalf
• To help us manage our customer relationships and fulfil our services – we use a variety of third party vendors who provide us with systems and platforms to help us provide services to you
• To manage aspects of our Site – we use a variety of third party suppliers to help us operate features on our Site or facilitate the delivery of any products and/or services purchased through our Site
• In connection with a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets
• To comply with legal, law enforcement and regulatory requirements
• In case of emergency and security concerns (e.g. hospital admission or police investigation)
This list is non-exhaustive and there may be circumstances where we need to share personal information with other third parties in order to provide our services to you.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that these third party service providers and affiliates will comply with Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore and any applicable laws to ensure that your personal information is secure and used for the purposes for which they were engaged. Despite these efforts, we do not hold any responsibility for their omissions or lapses when handling your personal information.
Rest assured that we will not sell or trade your personal information.
Social Media Log In
Where you create an account on and/or log into our Site using a social media account (such as but not limited to Facebook or Google+), we may collect any information you make publicly available through the social media service. We may use this information in order to communicate with you regarding your account with us and to personalise your experience of the Site.
We use information that we observe about you from your interactions to send you marketing communications by email, where you have consented to receive such marketing communications, or where we have another lawful basis to do so.
Online personalised advertising
We use information that we observe about you from your interactions to provide you with personalised online advertising. We may share your personal information with our third party service providers who assist us with our online personalised advertising campaigns.
If you are providing personal information to us for and on behalf of another individual, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the necessary authority and consent to disclose such personal information to us for the relevant purposes, and that such information is true, complete and accurate.
3. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT AND UNSUBSCRIBING
You can withdraw your consent at any time by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that such withdrawal may affect our provision of products and services to you or our dealings with you, depending on the nature of your relationship with us. Your request should give reasonable notice and clearly state your personal information which you wish to withdraw consent to. We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
You can also opt to unsubscribe from our email database by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link located on the EDM or marketing email sent to you.
4. DATA TRANSFERS ACROSS INTERNATIONAL BORDERS
We may disclose and transfer your personal information to our external data centres, service providers and partners (who may be located in or outside of Singapore) who have been engaged to provide our products and services, to maintain or protect the security or integrity of our databases and premises, and to provide us with operational and management support and services. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such service providers and partners will comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore and any applicable local privacy laws.
We may also disclose and transfer your personal information to our parent, subsidiary or related companies (who may be located in or outside of Singapore) for the purposes of managing, operating, administering and conducting our business as a group.
5. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
6. RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right to ask us for your personal information (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format), in some cases, and to have the information transferred to a third party indicated by you.
7. RIGHT TO OBJECT
You can object to the processing of your personal information except in cases whereby there are legal grounds for processing.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
It is important that you protect against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services. You should also take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any services on the Site.
Where appropriate, we will take reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure or use. Personal information collected will be stored in a secure environment on servers protected by ‘firewalls’ against external users or unauthorised access. It can only be accessed by authorised persons.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the Internet is not completely secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, and the sending of any such information will be at your own risk. We do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transaction and other communications made through the Site.
Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that the Site is free of viruses or other unauthorised software.
9. COOKIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use Google Analytics to measure how visitors interact with the content on our Site. The Google Analytics security and privacy principles at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2838718?hl=en summarises how Google protects information collected through Google Analytics. You may opt out of Google Analytics, by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may contain hyperlinks to and from other Internet websites, content and services. Information collected by such third parties is governed by their privacy policies or practices and we will not be responsible for such information. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of those third parties. This includes sharing information via third party social media sites such as Facebook or Google+.
Where you have sent us an enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purpose of contacting you regarding your enquiry.
12. CONTACT US